Friday, January 28, 2011

...it's like I died and went to Burger Heaven

MEALS. 01.22.11




Burger Heaven, in the heart of New Westminster. Also known as the place that makes you wish you had a bigger mouth...so you could fit a good bite of that burger in there. Cute little place, but if you're looking for a nice light lunch.....I'd say starve yourself until dinner (well don't ACTUALLY do it.) Their portions are HUGE-MONGUS! 

The boyfrand and I went there for a late lunch, we were in the area. We thought, they're burgers....we walked around as we shopped, so we should be able to finish everything, no big! Well, we were wrong.
As soon as we stepped in, we were greeted and taken to our seats. Then came the menus...so many life choices...which heart attach should I go for today? Please excuse me as I do the dramatic *WHY* to the sky.


I went with their featured entre that day: "The Beef Burger" $13.45

Sounds kind of boring doesn't it?
But wait, there's more! (I've always wanted to say that...) This Burger is loaded with the following heart stopping goodness:
  • Chipotle sour cream
  • bacon,
  • jack cheese
  • deep fried onion rings (!!)
  • non important stuff: lettuce, tomatoes, onions
You get to pick your buns, white or whole wheat...and in my attempt to be SEMI-healthy. I went with whole wheat.

...and in case you were wondering....Yes, it had me at Onion rings.






This meal came with a side salad and thick cut fries (yum!).
We wanted ONE poutine because it looked good on other people's table...but the waitress misunderstood and gave us BOTH poutines....more the merrier I suppose? YAP!












After I picked up my jaw off the floor, i started snapping pictures...and people in the restaurant looked at me funny? But I didn't care, because I was too busy being excited about the burger I THOUGHT I was going to finish.

It was pretty messy, but I managed to cut part of the burger off, so I could chow it down. It was like...a mini firework in my mouth. The patty was juicy, and the onion rings......THE ONION RINGS!!! I could close my eyes and still taste the first bite. Okay, now it's starting to sound like a mushy vampire love story....*shivers*

Overall, I thought it tasted better than some of the burger joints around town. The poutine was good. Gravy wasn't too salty, and the cheese curds melted just right! I give this meal an 8.5 out of 10!

But for obvious reasons, I would definitely not go there for lunch again. Nothing to do with the quality of food...but more so myself...lol Unless I mentally and physically prepare myself...

In the end, I finished all my vegetables (aka salad)...but I literally had 1/3 of my burger and 1/3 of my poutine and I was ready for nap time...The waitress laughed at me when I asked for my "meal" to be packed up.

If you're feeling adventurous, check out their exotic heavenly features! I wonder what Kangaroos taste like...It's got pickled beets though...
The waitress highly recommends the Beer battered Cod burger, so I think I shall go and give it a shot next time. I'm sure it'll turn out better than the filet 'o fish.... :D



Check out their full menu here
YAP, this one is definitely a winner.


Until next time, lovers!
Winnie-OUT!

3 comments:

  1. I have an unnatural obsession with onion rings, and for some reason, Ive never put them on a burger. I blame my dislike for meat. I do think they would be incredible in a grilled cheese . . .
    I have problems.

    Anyhow, now Im totally wanting to go to this place, if only for the poutine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been visiting your recipe blog.The way of recipe tips looks to be easy for all readers. I would personally recommend our blog visitors to subscribe to obtain useful posts like this periodically. Particularly post on "MEALS" is awesome. Get in touch with us via our websites sweet restaurant in madurai | veg restaurants at pondicherry

    ReplyDelete